GOP is in denial about global warmingAugust 13,2006Is there any wonder why it's been hotter this summer than it's ever been in human history? Is there any wonder that the 10 hottest summers on record have occurred in the last 20 years? No, of course not.
The real wonder is how any Republican can continue to say with a straight face that global warming does not exist. This includes George W. Bush, who insists that global warming does not exist because a fictional John Grisham novel told him it does not exist. Yes, you read that right. Bush continues to put the entire world's climate at risk because of what he read in a fairy tale of a book. That's our "president."
Scientists in every country of the world agree that due to human activity, the earth is getting dangerously hotter every year, the ozone layer is rapidly being destroyed,and the greenhouse effect is already in full effect. Yet conservative Republicans in this country continue to put all of our lives at risk by idiotically ignoring the problem. Vermonters in particular will be horribly impacted, as we will soon have no snow, which will destroy our state economy. If you are by chance one of the 47 or so supporters Bush has left in the world, you finally have a reason to be completely embarrassed and horrified by what has happened to our country since the Supreme Court appointed the current resident of the White House.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?