Barre staff get raises under union contractThe Associated Press
The Associated Press
The Associated Press | October 29,2008BARRE — Unionized clerical and custodial staff for the city of Barre will see their hourly wages climb 11 percent over the next three years.
But the recently ratified labor contract will require the workers to pay 20 percent of their health care premiums by the time the contract expires in 2011.
The contract will be applied retroactively to July 1.
The workers will receive a 3.9 percent pay increase in the first two years of the contract and 3.7 percent in the third.
With the new contract in place, all four of Barre's municipal labor unions are working under a contract.MORE IN Vermont NewsThe Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules voted Thursday to certify its earlier rejection... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation