Mayor Christopher Louras formally announced his re-election campaign Friday. Full StoryMayor Louras sent a letter to the Board of Aldermen defending his effort to increase department... Full StoryPart of this story was omitted in today’s edition due to a production error. It is rerun here in its entirety - Panel: no cuts to city policeThe Public Safety Committee debated cutting the police force Thursday. Full StoryMONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Vermont's 2014 gubernatorial election appears headed for a decision ... Full StoryResidents voted on a $970,000 bond to renovate Lothrop Elementary School. Full StoryMONTPELIER — The race for governor between incumbent Democratic Gov. Peter Shumlin and his... Full StoryMarthage re-elected Full StorySpringfield residents re-elected Rep. Alice Emmons and tapped Springfield Town Manager Robert... Full StoryRepublican Rep. Douglas Gage won a return trip to the State House on Tuesday by besting... Full StoryIncumbent Republican Peter Fagan easily topped Democrat challenger James Candon on Tuesday in... Full StoryMONTPELIER — Candidates for statewide and local offices made their final pitches to voters a day ... Full StoryThree candidates are seeking the two seats in Windham 3, representing Rockingham, Grafton,... Full StoryShumlin made a stop in Rutland Monday to talk about what he's done for Vermont's infrastructure. Full StoryBENNINGTON — A local candidate for the Vermont House of Representatives might make history ... Full StoryThree people, two Democrats and an libertarian-leaning independent, are seeking to represent... Full StoryCAVENDISH — Upon first introduction, the two local men competing to represent the towns of... Full Story(Editor’s note: This is the final part of an Associated Press series of profiles on candidates... Full StoryMONTPELIER — Health care, economic development and the duties of the office are issues of... Full Story(Editor’s note: This is the second in a series of Associated Press profiles of Vermont’s... Full StoryBENNINGTON — Three Vermont House candidates are seeking two seats in Bennington District 2-2. Full StoryBARRE — Is it possible to cut enough money from K-through-12 education to pay for college for... Full StoryWhat’s the best format for gubernatorial debates? That question seems to remain a challenge for... Full StoryMONTPELIER — He’s already Vermont’s longest-serving attorney general, but Democrat Bill Sorrell... Full StoryIn addition to the race for attorney general, Vermonters will head to the polls Nov. 4 to decide ... Full StoryCandidates for Rutland County's Senate seats met in a PEG-TV forum. Full StoryRutland's House candidates spoke in a forum at CCV Tuesday. Full StoryMONTPELIER — Libertarian Dan Feliciano was a reluctant candidate for governor, but now that he’s ... Full StoryBARRE — Former Gov. James Douglas said Friday he remains supportive of and optimistic for the... Full StoryMayor Christopher Louras endorsed Rutland County State's Attorney candidate Rose Kennedy Monday. Full StoryMayor Christopher Louras endorsed Rutland County State's Attorney candidate Rose Kennedy Monday. Full StoryCandidtes for Rutland County's Senate seats introduced themselves during a forum at CCV Tuesday. Full StoryThe first gubantorial debate Sat. at the Tunbridge Fair Full StoryMONTPELIER — Dean Corren, a Progressive running for Vermont lieutenant governor, says he’ll talk ... Full StoryFair Haven held its third budget vote Tuesday. Full StoryA blighted property on Pine Street was torn down as the governor announces a $1.25 million grant ... Full StoryA blighted property on Pine Street was torn down as the governor announces a $1.25 million grant ... Full StoryMONTPELIER — The head of the Vermont Republican Party said Friday that it is coming back after... Full StoryA look at legislative races around Rutland County. Full StoryWSYB radio host Brian Collamore has quit his morning show to run for state senate. Full StoryGov. Shumlin spoke at an event promoting a jet fighter that uses parts made at the Rutland GE plant. Full Story
National Election Headlines
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bryanna Allen reports Castleton Downtown hosts open house, fire in Springfield leaves family without a roof of their own, suspected Bosnian war criminal trial goes to jury, Brent Curtis reports Rutland Town budget set to rise.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bill in Legislature proposes naming beagle Vermont state dog; Associated Press looks back at year in opiate abuse; Shapiro's in Brandon soon to close after 75 years; probe shows illegal online gun sales booming.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1861, JEFFERSON DAVIS resigns from the U.S. Senate to become president of the Confederate States of America, in 1908, NYC passes law forbidding women from smoking in public; in 1968, B-52 crashes, loses H-bomb.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Aldermen debate request for $75K from Zamias Fund for Wonderfeet museum, Bryanna Allen covers CSC Spring Convocation, proponents of sugary drinks tax meet press at State House, Neal Goswami reports revenue forecast for state.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Oil prices continue to drop, good news for Vermonters who heat their homes with the stuff; Pawlet man still missing after one year, icy road make driving and walking sketchy propositions, funding for B&G Clubs announced.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed