No one injured in Route 2 crashThe Associated Press
Staff Report | July 05,2009EAST MONTPELIER – No one was injured when two cars collided on Route 2, just east of the Route14 late Friday night.
State police say they came across the crash involving Robert Tabakin, 54, of Pittsfield, Mass., and Jeremy Hannan, 30, of Lyndonville, shortly after 11 p.m.
Based on their investigation, police said a 2004 BMW 325XI driven by Tabakin pulled out of a parking lot located on the south side of the highway in an attempt to head west on Route 2.
Tabakin's car struck the right rear of Hannan's eastbound 1997 Chevrolet Suburban.
Both men were reportedly wearing their seat belts at the time of the accident and neither was injured.
Police said neither vehicle was badly damaged.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.