Vermont utilities still turning power on after stormThe Associated Press | April 29,2010MONTPELIER - Vermont electric utilities say about 5,000 customers in the northwestern part of the state remain without power after a late season snowstorm.
Most of the outages Thursday morning are being reported in Chittenden, Franklin and Lamoille counties.
The late-season storm Tuesday and Wednesday dumped up to two feet of snow across parts of northern Vermont.
The snow should melt quickly, though. Temperatures Thursday afternoon are forecast to be in the 50s. By the weekend temperatures could be in the 70s.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation