Crash closes Route 7; injures sixJune 25,2010
A two vehicle crash on Route 7 at about 8: 30 a.m. today left as many as a half-dozen people injured and closed the road for more than an hour.
The crash occurred in front of the old driving range in Pittsford. Initial scanner reports indicated that six or more people were injured and taken to an area hospital. Vermont State Police are investigating.
At the scene a Toyota RAV 4 is resting upside down in the middle of the highway and a Chrysler mini-van is in a ditch on the northbound side of Route 7 by the driving range. One lane of the highway was opened at about 9:45 a.m.MORE IN News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool