Man charged with felony drunk-drivingJanuary 14,2012POWNAL – A Barber Pond Road man was charged with a felony count of driving under the influence of alcohol on Monday in Bennington criminal court.
James M. Gorman, 60, of Pownal, pleaded innocent to the charge. According to court records, Gorman has been convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol in January 2005 in Vermont and in May 1999 in New York.
Police said Gorman was stopped on Dec. 26 around 9:20 p.m. because the car belonged to a woman who police had been told was involved in a burglary earlier that day in Pownal. Gorman was driving the car, however.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation