Family forced out by 2nd fire
WILLISTON — A Vermont family has been left homeless by fire twice in one week.
WCAX-TV reported that Jack and Chris Tardie of Essex Junction lost their home last week in a fire caused by an outdoor cooking accident. They had been staying at TownePlace Suites hotel in Williston for five days when it caught fire Saturday night.
The Burlington Free Press reported that an improperly discarded cigarette may have caused that fire, which caused no injuries but more than $1 million damage. State police say the fire traveled quickly from the building’s exterior to its roof, slowing the activation of its sprinkler system.