Town plan hearings scheduledSeptember 14,2012Hearings set for
town plan changes
Select boards in West Rutland and Castleton have scheduled public hearings to listen to testimony on the proposed amended town plans.
In West Rutland, a public hearing will be at 6 p.m. on Oct. 15 in the town hall. A second hearing could be scheduled if needed.
Castletonís two public hearings are scheduled for 6 p.m. on Oct. 8 and Oct. 22 at the town offices.
The amendments to the town plans were prompted in response to the overwhelming concerns of residents and officials regarding the proposed Reunion Power wind project in the towns of Castleton, West Rutland, Hubbardton and Pittsford.
The Planning Commission in Hubbardton is scheduled to meet Monday while the Pittsford Planning Commission is set to meet on Oct. 4. Following these hearings, select boards in those towns will schedule hearings as well.
Residents are asked to attend and provide their input.MORE IN This Just InSHELBURNE - Long-time Vermont television newsman Marselis Parsons has died. He was 70. Full StoryWhen Brookelyn Kimball was just 4, she began to struggle with everyday tasks. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.