Ellen M. Baker RitesSeptember 15,2012Ellen M. Baker Rites
PROCTOR ó Funeral services for Ellen Mary Baker, 85, who died Sept. 8, 2012, were held Thursday, Sept. 13, at St. Dominicís Church in Proctor. Officiating was the Rev. Vincent Coppola, pastor of St. Bridgetís Church in West Rutland.
John Riddle was organist.
Olivia Gawet was vocalist.
Readers were Richard W. Baker and Regina Baker Cram.
Bearers were Anthony Rossi, Sr., Anthony Rossi, Jr., Dominic Rossi, Michael Christian, Michael Fredette, Steven Wood, Matthew Nesto and Ryan Wood.
Burial followed in St. Maryís Cemetery in Brandon, with the Rev. Justin Baker, pastor of Christ the King Church, reading the prayers of the burial service.
Arrangements were under the direction of Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Contributions may be made to St. Dominicís Church.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.