Ellen M. Baker RitesSeptember 15,2012Ellen M. Baker Rites
PROCTOR ó Funeral services for Ellen Mary Baker, 85, who died Sept. 8, 2012, were held Thursday, Sept. 13, at St. Dominicís Church in Proctor. Officiating was the Rev. Vincent Coppola, pastor of St. Bridgetís Church in West Rutland.
John Riddle was organist.
Olivia Gawet was vocalist.
Readers were Richard W. Baker and Regina Baker Cram.
Bearers were Anthony Rossi, Sr., Anthony Rossi, Jr., Dominic Rossi, Michael Christian, Michael Fredette, Steven Wood, Matthew Nesto and Ryan Wood.
Burial followed in St. Maryís Cemetery in Brandon, with the Rev. Justin Baker, pastor of Christ the King Church, reading the prayers of the burial service.
Arrangements were under the direction of Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Contributions may be made to St. Dominicís Church.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.