Kia dealership planning a moveSeptember 18,2012Phil Alderman has submitted plans to build a Kia dealership near his Chevrolet dealership in Rutland Town.
Alderman submitted an Act 250 permit application to build a 14,208-square-foot building on Middle Road that would be the new home for his Kia dealership.
Since he started selling the Kia brand last year, Alderman has run his dealership out of a leased building on South Main Street adjacent to the Midway Mobil station and convenience store.
The District 1 Environmental Commission is treating the project as a minor application. No hearing will be held unless one is requested by an interested party by Sept. 20.
Kia is not Alderman’s first foray into Asian-brand vehicles. A decade ago, the owner of Alderman’s Chevrolet opened Alderman’s Toyota on Route 7 South.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.