Kia dealership planning a moveSeptember 18,2012Phil Alderman has submitted plans to build a Kia dealership near his Chevrolet dealership in Rutland Town.
Alderman submitted an Act 250 permit application to build a 14,208-square-foot building on Middle Road that would be the new home for his Kia dealership.
Since he started selling the Kia brand last year, Alderman has run his dealership out of a leased building on South Main Street adjacent to the Midway Mobil station and convenience store.
The District 1 Environmental Commission is treating the project as a minor application. No hearing will be held unless one is requested by an interested party by Sept. 20.
Kia is not Alderman’s first foray into Asian-brand vehicles. A decade ago, the owner of Alderman’s Chevrolet opened Alderman’s Toyota on Route 7 South.MORE IN This Just InSunday evening, Grace Church initially felt and looked like a festive community celebration with... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation