Joseph L. BarcelloSeptember 26,2012Joseph L. Barcello
LUDLOW — Joseph L. Barcello, 87, formerly of the Jewell Brook Farm, Ludlow, and resident of Uncasville, Conn., died on Sept. 6, 2012, in Connecticut. He was the husband of Angelina Moccia Barcello.
Mr. Barcello had been the assistant guestmaster for the Weston Priory for many years caring for their guests. He had also been a chaplain at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
A prayer service will be held at 2 p.m. this Saturday, Sept. 29, at the Weston Priory, Weston, Vt. His burial will follow in the cemetery on the grounds of the Weston Priory.
Byles Memorial Home, 99 Huntington St., New London, CT 06320 is assisting with the arrangements. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to St. Mary Star of the Sea Church, 10 Huntington St., New London, CT 06320. Please visit www.Byles.com for information and to sign the family guest book.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool