Hubbardton wind vote tonightSeptember 26,2012Hubbardton wind vote tonight
HUBBARDTON — A special town meeting to vote on commercial wind will be held tonight at 7 p.m. at the town offices.
Voters will be asked if they approve of any commercial wind developer building turbines on the ridgeline on the eastern part of town.
According to town officials, the townwide vote is a continued effort by the town of Hubbardton to solidify its stance against large wind projects on the town’s ridgelines, such as the project proposed by Reunion Power.
A simple voice majority is necessary for the article to pass.
The town of Hubbardton town offices are located at 1831 Monument Hill Road.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.