Man charged with stealing meatSeptember 28,2012Man faces charge
of stealing meat
A Shrewsbury man is facing a criminal charge that he stole a cart full of meat from a Rutland Town grocery store.
Vermont State Police issued a citation for retail theft to Ralph C. Page Jr., who allegedly walked out of Hannaford Supermarket earlier this month with $110 worth of unpaid-for meat in his cart.
Page was stopped by store security and the merchandise was recovered, police said. Page will answer to the charge in Rutland criminal court in November.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation