NEWPORT — A Vermont man accused of using a 14-year-old boy to help him commit four burglaries in South Barton is being held on $100,000 bail.
Daniel Greenwood, 36, of Orleans, is accused of threatening to cut off the boy’s fingers if he didn’t help and shooting him if he told anyone.
Greenwood has pleaded not guilty to two counts of burglary and other charges.
The burglaries took place between Aug. 10 and 17. Greenwood is accused of either breaking into or using the teen to break into several homes and a schoolhouse.
Greenwood also faces drug charges in Massachusetts.MORE IN Vermont NewsCOLCHESTER — A bunch of kids in a minivan are solving twin challenges in northern Vermont:... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.