WEST TOPSHAM — Vermont State Police say a man from Orange drunkenly punched an emergency responder in the face in West Topsham Saturday.
Joshua Welch, 21, was cited for assaulting medical personnel. He is scheduled to answer the charge in Orange County criminal court on Nov. 14.
Welch’s truck became stuck on a baseball field on Batten Road, overheated as Welch tried to move it, and caught on fire. Police added that the truck had torn up some of the field before getting stuck.
Police said that when emergency responders arrived to put out the fire, Welch became belligerent.
Welch denied driving the vehicle and police said they had no proof he was the driver. They are continuing to investigate.
Anyone with information is asked to contact state police in Bradford at 222-4680.MORE IN Vermont NewsBURLINGTON — The head of the FBI used a Friday visit to Vermont to urge college students studying... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.