MILTON — A Milton police officer is recovering after shooting herself in the ankle.
The police chief said 27-year-old Leanne Werner was cleaning her pistol when the weapon went off Sunday evening.
She was taken to Fletcher Allen Health Care, where she was treated for an ankle injury that wasn’t serious.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation