MONTPELIER ó The Vermont state airports in Morrisville and Newport are going to receive more than $900,000 in federal grants to buy equipment, design a project and conduct an environmental assessment.
Vermont Transportation Agency Aviation Director Gary Rouelle said the money will allow the state to deal with immediate and future operational and safety needs and ensure passenger service amenities.
The Newport airport is due to receive almost $628,000 to fund an environmental assessment of a proposed terminal development and buy snow removal equipment.
The Morrisville airport, which serves the Stowe area, was awarded almost $279,000 to fund the design and permitting phase of a runway rehabilitation project.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER ó Fancy a pint of Pliny the Elder or Heady Topper double India pale ales, but canít... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation