MILTON — A 27-year-old police officer from Milton is recovering after shooting herself in the ankle.
The police chief told the Burlington Free Press that Burlington officer Leanne Werner, was cleaning her pistol at her Milton home when the weapon went off Sunday evening.
She was taken to Fletcher Allen Health Care where she was treated for a non-serious ankle injury.MORE IN Vermont NewsDVHA Commissioner Mark Larson told lawmakers Tuesday of a second privacy breadh on Vermont Health... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation