Woman injured in four-car crashOctober 03,2012SUNDERLAND - One driver was injured in a four-vehicle crash on Sunday on Route 7A, according to a press release from the Vermont State Police.
The crash at the intersection of Route 7A and Hill Farm Road in Sunderland was reported about 4:20 p.m. on Sunday.
Police said Amber Bahan, 25, of Wallingford, was driving a 2006 Subaru Forester and was stopped on the southbound lane of Route 7A, waiting to turn left onto Hill Farm Road. According to police, Katherine Hunter, 17, of Manchester, was driving a 1999 Chevy Cavalier behind Bahan and crashed into the Forester.
Stephanie Jacob, 71, of Dorset, was driving a 2009 Toyota Rav4 north on Route 7A. Police said when the Cavalier hit the Forester, the impact sent the rear of the Cavalier into the northbound lane in front of the Rav4, which led to another crash.
That collision caused the Rav4 to run off the road, along the northbound shoulder, and collide with an unoccupied 2002 Ford Focus owned by Greg Ralston, 26, of Bennington. The Focus was in a parking lot at the time of the crash.
Police said Jacob was taken to Southwestern Vermont Medical Center in Bennington to be treated for any possible injuries.
The crash is still under investigation.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: On Jan. 31, 2002, Berkshire Armored Car Co. in Rutland's Howe Center was robbed of $1.9 million. Brent Curtis reports some of the surprising details he found in 10 years of FBI investigation files in a 5-part Herald series.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.