RICHMOND — A cow has been euthanized after being struck by two cars after wandering onto Interstate 89.
State police say the cow got onto the roadway in Richmond just after 7 p.m. Tuesday and was injured after being struck by two cars. After conferring with farmers and a large animal veterinarian, authorities decided that the cow should be euthanized.
No motorists were injured.
It was not immediately known if troopers were able to identify the cow’s owner.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation