NORTH THETFORD — A 69-year-old woman has escaped injury after being trapped inside her car by power lines that fell on it.
Police say Emmy Kearns of Fairlee was driving in North Thetford at around 5:50 p.m. Tuesday when her car drifted off the right side of the road and struck a utility pole, which split in half. Her car became entangled in electric and telephone wires but she was not injured.
Utility crews have replaced the pole.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation