Vermonters have a wonderful opportunity this fall to elect a woman with impeccable credentials for state treasurer. We need to send Wendy Wilton to Montpelier so she can do for our state what she has done for Rutland.
Wendy Wilton produced the first clean audit the city of Rutland has seen in 32 years. She inherited a $5 million (think about that number for a second) deficit, and helped turn it around to a $3.8 million positive fund. She is a woman who gets things done effectively. Vermont has serious challenges ahead.
I for one want someone in the treasurerís office who is tough, independent, and asks the hard questions. Please join me in supporting Wendy Wilton for treasurer.
AscutneyMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool