Sally M. BrothersOctober 05,2012Sally M. Brothers
SOUTH PADRE ISLAND, Texas — Sally Marie (May) Brothers, 82, of South Padre Island, formerly of Clifton Park, N.Y., and Bomoseen, Vt., entered into eternal life on Tuesday, October 2, 2012, at Albany (N.Y.) Medical Center Hospital. She was born on May 28, 1930, in Watertown, N.Y., the daughter of the late Charles and Leta McCarthy. She was a graduate of Watertown High School and enjoyed keeping in touch with her high school friends. She married Robert J. Brothers on February 7, 1957, and they were married over 50 years.
Sally loved to spend time with her children and grandchildren at their summer lake house in Bomoseen, Vt. She spent the winters in South Padre Island, where she enjoyed socializing with her friends and neighbors. Sally devoted much of her time as a caregiver to her family. She will truly be remembered by the sweet, gentle way she touched so many lives.
In addition to her parents, she was predeceased by her brothers, Charles and George McCarthy, and her grandson, Matthew.
Survivors include her loving husband, Robert J. Brothers; her children, Michael (Ann) Brothers, Timothy (Laura) Brothers, Andrew Brothers, Mary Ann (Robert) Ida and Susan (Ken) Banker; her grandchildren, Joseph, Katherine, Ryan, Mackenzie and Sophia; her brother, Robert (Mary Margaret) McCarthy; also survived by several nieces and nephews.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated on Saturday, October 6, 2012, at 10:00 a.m. at St. Edward the Confessor Church, 569 Clifton Park Center Road, Clifton Park. A calling hour will be held prior from 9-10 a.m. at the church. Burial will take place the following week on Saturday, October 13, 2012, at 10:00 a.m. in Evergreen Cemetery in Rutland, Vt.
At the request of Sally’s family, in lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association Northeastern New York Chapter, Pine West Plaza Building #4 Suite 405, Washington Avenue Extension, Albany, NY 12205.
Arrangements have been entrusted by the family to the Gordon C. Emerick Funeral Home, 1550 Route 9, Clifton Park, NY 12065.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Nelson Mandela on the primacy of teaching love over hate.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.