Deadline for Really Big Show actsOctober 05,2012Really Big Show
Audition applications deadline is today for the 17th annual Really Big Show to benefit the United Way of Rutland County.
Participants 10 years or older can find applications at the United Way of Rutland County office in the Longfellow Building or at People’s United Bank on West Street.
The cost to audition is $5 for single acts and $10 for groups of two or more. They will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. tonight and from 6 to 8:30 p.m. on Oct. 9 at the Rutland Intermediate School.
The Really Big Show will take the Paramount Theatre stage at 7 p.m. on Nov. 3. Tickets are on sale at the Paramount box office at 775-0903.
For more information, call the United Way office at 773-7477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.MORE IN This Just InWOODFORD - Vermont State Police say a husband and wife from Troy, N.Y. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.