Man charged with restraining, tasing womanOctober 05,2012A Rutland man is behind bars after denying charges that he tied a woman to a chair and assaulted her with electric jolts from a Taser.
Michael B. Petruccelli, 47, pleaded innocent last week in Rutland criminal court to charges of unlawful restraint in the first degree with injury and aggravated domestic assault in the second degree. Bail was set at $10,000.
A woman told Rutland City Police that Petruccelli used a belt to tie her to a chair inside his residence at 24Ĺ Cottage St. last week. He then allegedly used a Taser on her leg and hand and punched her in the side.
The woman also said Petruccelli threatened to kill her.MORE IN This Just InThe man charged in a hit-and-run crash that killed a pedestrian in Killington early Sunday... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation