Anna M. St. PeterOctober 06,2012Anna M. St. Peter
CLARKESVILLE, Ga. — Anna Mae St. Peter, age 83, of Clarkesville, GA, passed away October 4, 2012.
Anna Mae was preceded in death by her husband, William J. St. Peter, and her son, Gary St. Peter. She is survived by her daughters: Paula, Marilou, Joan, and Susan and several grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Anna Mae was originally from Rutland, Vermont, but lived in Gwinnett County, Georgia, for 26 years. She later moved to Clarkesville, GA, in the northeast Georgia mountains.
A Funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m., Monday, October 8, 2012, at St. Marguerite d’Youville Catholic Church with Father James Harrison officiating. Entombment will follow at East Shadowlawn Memorial Gardens.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made, in Anna Mae’s memory, to Smithgall Woods Animal Shelter, 4823 Hwy. 75, Sautee Nacoochee, GA 30571.
Arrangements by Wages & Sons Gwinnett Chapel, 1031 Lawrenceville Hwy, Lawrenceville, GA 30046, 770-277-4550. Online condolences may be expressed at www.wagesandsons.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.