accused of theft
SOUTH BURLINGTON — The business manager at the state prison in South Burlington has been charged with embezzlement.
Tina Howard, 41, of Canaan, N.H., oversaw the processing of all bail receipts and handled bail money at the Chittenden Regional Correctional Facility.
Police said their investigation showed Howard diverted bail money and failed to deposit $750 into the prison’s bank account.
Police said Howard was confronted by staff and gave the money back.
She is scheduled to be in court on Nov. 13.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation