Evelyn RoundsOctober 07,2012Evelyn Davenport Rounds
COLCHESTER, Vermont ó Evelyn Davenport Rounds, 84, of Colchester, died after a brief illness on Friday, October 5, 2012, surrounded by her loving family at Fletcher Allen Health Care.
She was born on August 20, 1928, the daughter of the late Leonard and Lena (Ackley) Davenport.
Evelyn married Clayton Rounds on March 26, 1948. He predeceased her on August 22, 2011. She was employed at Shelburne Industries, Digital and retired from IBM.
She was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother. She enjoyed bird watching, was a devoted companion to her dog Barley and her cat. She was an avid sports fan and liked to knit.
Evelyn is survived by her four daughters, Linda Rabtoy and her husband David of Georgia, Deborah Provost of Grand Isle, Suzanne Denno of Orlando, FL, Sandra Hammond and her husband Jay of Colchester. She is also survived by 15 grandchildren, David Rabtoy and his wife Denise of Swanton, Lance Rabtoy and his wife Kristin of Fairfax, Angela Cadieux and Steven More of Grand Isle, Robbie Provost and his wife Kim of Texas, Chris Provost and his wife Kelly of Hinesburg, Amy Provost and Tori Round of Grand Isle, Jordan Provost and his wife Meghan of Swanton, Kimberly Provost of Grand Isle, Lori Johnson and her husband Luke of Huntington, Juli Saltz and her husband Bill of FL, Alison Collier of FL, Ryan Hammond and his wife Carrie of Fairfax, Adam Hammond and his wife Tijah of Essex, Emily Hammond of Colchester, Cody Hammond of Colchester; one sister, Shirley Weidenmayer and her husband Don of Worcester; nieces, nephews and cousins. She was predeceased by three granddaughters and one sister.
A graveside service will be held at the Green Hill Cemetery in Wallingford, VT. There will be no visiting hours.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Humane Society of Chittenden County, 142 Kindness Court, So. Burlington, VT 05403.
Arrangements are with LaVigne Funeral Home and Cremation Service, 132 Main St., Winooski, VT.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.