Police: Person run over by hay wagonStaff Report | October 07,2012BENSON — An unidentified person who was acting as a role player at a “haunted hayride” was flown by helicopter to the Albany, N.Y., Medical Center for treatment after being run over by a hay wagon on Saturday evening, according to Trooper Joseph Duca, of the Vermont State Police.
Duca did not provide any information, such as gender, age or home town, about the victim but and said the person’s condition was unknown at the time of the press release which was sent around 1:50 a.m. on Sunday.
In a press release, Duca said the incident was reported from Old Lake Road in Benson around 8:50 p.m. on Saturday.
Members of the Benson Fire Department, Fair Haven Rescue, the Fair Haven and Castleton police departments, Vermont Fish and Wildlife and the Vermont State Police responded.
Police are asking anyone to witnessed the incident to contact the Vermont State Police at the Rutland barracks at 773-9101.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.