Police: Person run over by hay wagonStaff Report | October 07,2012BENSON — An unidentified person who was acting as a role player at a “haunted hayride” was flown by helicopter to the Albany, N.Y., Medical Center for treatment after being run over by a hay wagon on Saturday evening, according to Trooper Joseph Duca, of the Vermont State Police.
Duca did not provide any information, such as gender, age or home town, about the victim but and said the person’s condition was unknown at the time of the press release which was sent around 1:50 a.m. on Sunday.
In a press release, Duca said the incident was reported from Old Lake Road in Benson around 8:50 p.m. on Saturday.
Members of the Benson Fire Department, Fair Haven Rescue, the Fair Haven and Castleton police departments, Vermont Fish and Wildlife and the Vermont State Police responded.
Police are asking anyone to witnessed the incident to contact the Vermont State Police at the Rutland barracks at 773-9101.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.