Police: Person run over by hay wagonStaff Report | October 07,2012BENSON — An unidentified person who was acting as a role player at a “haunted hayride” was flown by helicopter to the Albany, N.Y., Medical Center for treatment after being run over by a hay wagon on Saturday evening, according to Trooper Joseph Duca, of the Vermont State Police.
Duca did not provide any information, such as gender, age or home town, about the victim but and said the person’s condition was unknown at the time of the press release which was sent around 1:50 a.m. on Sunday.
In a press release, Duca said the incident was reported from Old Lake Road in Benson around 8:50 p.m. on Saturday.
Members of the Benson Fire Department, Fair Haven Rescue, the Fair Haven and Castleton police departments, Vermont Fish and Wildlife and the Vermont State Police responded.
Police are asking anyone to witnessed the incident to contact the Vermont State Police at the Rutland barracks at 773-9101.MORE IN This Just InWASHINGTON — Congress ran full-tilt into election-year gridlock over immigration Thursday and... Full StoryREADSBORO — A longtime feud between neighbors may have led to an incident last month during which... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.