Police looking for hit-and-run driverOctober 07,2012Police seeking
NORTH BROOKFIELD — Vermont State Police are investigating a crash Saturday morning in which an unknown driver drove off before police arrived.
Senior Trooper Robert Giolito said that Samuel Perron, 35, of New Boston, N.H., was driving a 2002 Volkswagen Jetta north on Interstate 89 around 9 a.m. Saturday when his vehicle was hit from the back by someone driving a Subaru Forester.
The collision sent Perron’s car off the highway and it collided with several trees.
The driver of the Forester continued to drive north on I-89, police said.
Perron was not injured, though his car sustained damage from the highway collision and from running into the trees, police said.
Anyone who saw the crash should call Giolito at the Royalton barracks at 234-9933.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.