Police looking for hit-and-run driverOctober 07,2012Police seeking
NORTH BROOKFIELD — Vermont State Police are investigating a crash Saturday morning in which an unknown driver drove off before police arrived.
Senior Trooper Robert Giolito said that Samuel Perron, 35, of New Boston, N.H., was driving a 2002 Volkswagen Jetta north on Interstate 89 around 9 a.m. Saturday when his vehicle was hit from the back by someone driving a Subaru Forester.
The collision sent Perron’s car off the highway and it collided with several trees.
The driver of the Forester continued to drive north on I-89, police said.
Perron was not injured, though his car sustained damage from the highway collision and from running into the trees, police said.
Anyone who saw the crash should call Giolito at the Royalton barracks at 234-9933.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1520, Ferdinand Magellan is first European to navigate passage that bears his name from the Atlantic to the Pacific sea; in 1582, Will Shakespeare, Anne Hathaway secure their marriage license with 40 pound bond.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.