Trooper: Man drove drunk to meet with meOctober 07,2012Police: Man drove
drunk to meeting
BENNINGTON ó A Bennington man allegedly drove drunk to meet a Vermont State Police trooper about a property dispute.
Trooper Lauren Ronan said she met with David Hunt, 45, on Friday night in the parking lot of Mount Anthony Union Middle School in Bennington. The meeting was about a property dispute on Lake Paran Road in Shaftsbury.
Hunt showed signs of impairment as he sat in his vehicle, the trooper said. After an evaluation, Hunt was cited to Bennington criminal court on Oct. 22 to face a charge of driving under the influence, Ronan said.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.