Motorcycle rider injured in crashOctober 07,2012Motorcycle rider
injured in crash
MIDDLETOWN SPRINGS ó A motorcycle rider was injured after crashing into the back of a car, police said.
Jeffrey Greene, 34, of Middle Granville, N.Y., was riding a 1992 Harley-Davidson motorcycle east on West Street behind a 2001 Pontiac Sunfire driven by Fernando Parker, 52, of Middletown Springs, at about 4:10 p.m. Friday, according to Vermont State Police.
Parker stopped to make a left turn into a driveway, police said, and Greene was unable to stop his motorcycle before it hit the carís rear bumper.
The motorcycle tipped over on its right side and slid into a ditch on the westbound shoulder of West Street, about 12 to 15 feet from the crash, police said.
Greene fell off the motorcycle and slid 8 to 10 feet on the road, police said. He was taken to the Rutland Regional Medical Center, where he was treated for cuts and bruises.
Parker, who was wearing a seat belt, was unhurt.
State police were assisted by the Middletown Springs Fire Department and the Poultney Rescue Squad.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.