Motorcycle rider injured in crashOctober 07,2012Motorcycle rider
injured in crash
MIDDLETOWN SPRINGS ó A motorcycle rider was injured after crashing into the back of a car, police said.
Jeffrey Greene, 34, of Middle Granville, N.Y., was riding a 1992 Harley-Davidson motorcycle east on West Street behind a 2001 Pontiac Sunfire driven by Fernando Parker, 52, of Middletown Springs, at about 4:10 p.m. Friday, according to Vermont State Police.
Parker stopped to make a left turn into a driveway, police said, and Greene was unable to stop his motorcycle before it hit the carís rear bumper.
The motorcycle tipped over on its right side and slid into a ditch on the westbound shoulder of West Street, about 12 to 15 feet from the crash, police said.
Greene fell off the motorcycle and slid 8 to 10 feet on the road, police said. He was taken to the Rutland Regional Medical Center, where he was treated for cuts and bruises.
Parker, who was wearing a seat belt, was unhurt.
State police were assisted by the Middletown Springs Fire Department and the Poultney Rescue Squad.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — The state Public Service Board has ordered Vermont Gas Systems to stop digging... Full StoryBRANDON – The Select Board on Monday night took another stab at cobbling together a budget,... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.