Motorcycle rider injured in crashOctober 07,2012Motorcycle rider
injured in crash
MIDDLETOWN SPRINGS ó A motorcycle rider was injured after crashing into the back of a car, police said.
Jeffrey Greene, 34, of Middle Granville, N.Y., was riding a 1992 Harley-Davidson motorcycle east on West Street behind a 2001 Pontiac Sunfire driven by Fernando Parker, 52, of Middletown Springs, at about 4:10 p.m. Friday, according to Vermont State Police.
Parker stopped to make a left turn into a driveway, police said, and Greene was unable to stop his motorcycle before it hit the carís rear bumper.
The motorcycle tipped over on its right side and slid into a ditch on the westbound shoulder of West Street, about 12 to 15 feet from the crash, police said.
Greene fell off the motorcycle and slid 8 to 10 feet on the road, police said. He was taken to the Rutland Regional Medical Center, where he was treated for cuts and bruises.
Parker, who was wearing a seat belt, was unhurt.
State police were assisted by the Middletown Springs Fire Department and the Poultney Rescue Squad.MORE IN This Just InA business development study recommends replacing "shop locally" with "you can find it here." Full StorySaturday's women's basketball game between College of St. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.