grant feeds kids
BARRE — Citizens Bank Foundation has made a $10,000 charitable grant to the Vermont Foodbank in support of the BackPack Program.
In partnership with schools around Vermont, the Foodbank BackPack Program works to ensure children have the food they need on weekends and away from school.
During the 2012-2013 school year, the BackPack Program will help 16 schools to provide 650 children (elementary, middle and high school) enough nutritious food for nearly 130,000 meals throughout the year.
Citizens Bank Foundation’s donation will provide the support needed to expand the BackPack program to two more schools this year. The donation will be distributed throughout the state.MORE IN National / World BusinessDETROIT — Mary Barra has spent the past three years as General Motors’ product chief, making cars... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation