Loan fund boosts
5 Vt. businesses
MONTPELIER — Five businesses and organizations have been loaned a total of nearly $502,000 by the Vermont Community Loan Fund.
The nonprofit lender says the loans reflect its mission to provide loans, grants and assistance for small business, child care, affordable housing and other community projects.
Vermont Public Radio reports the businesses include:
Addison County Community Trust in Middlebury, which is buying transitional emergency family housing.
Highfields Center for Composting in Hardwick, which was loaned money to buy equipment.
W. Masonry in Westford, which is financing its payroll until the completion of a contract for work on a new pharmacy.
Mud City Kids Child Care Center in Morrisville, which is expanding.
Turtles ’N’ Tots Daycare in Johnson, which is buying equipment and expanding.MORE IN National / World BusinessWASHINGTON — While Republicans in Congress shout, “Repeal Obamacare,” GOP governors in many... Full StoryA new concern about the spread of Ebola surfaced recently when a Dallas County sheriff’s deputy... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.