Federal authorities say a Vermont man has been charged with possessing child pornography accusing him of surreptitiously recording a minor female in the bathroom of her home.
Thirty-two-year-old Matthew White of Washington was arraigned on Thursday.
A federal grand jury had handed down a two-count indictment against him.
Federal prosecutors said court records indicate that White had made inappropriate sexual advances toward the girl prior to the alleged recordings.
A judge on Thursday ordered White held pending trial saying he is a danger to the community.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,