Couple donate $1M to UVMOctober 08,2012BURLINGTON — A couple who graduated from the University of Vermont have donated $1 million to support the school’s Honors College.
Robert Brennan, class of 1983, and his wife, Carolyn Brennan, class of 1982, pledged the amount over the next five years.
The Burlington Free Press reported that the Brennans are repeat donors to the Honors College; half of the $1 million will add to the Brennan Family Scholarship Fund, established in 2006.
The other half of the donation will establish the Brennan Summer Research Fellowship, to provide grants of up to $5,000 annually for Honors College students to pursue undergraduate research.
Robert Brennan is senior managing director of Guggenheim Partners and heads the Commercial Real Estate Finance Group for the New York City-based firm.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.