Couple donate $1M to UVMOctober 08,2012BURLINGTON — A couple who graduated from the University of Vermont have donated $1 million to support the school’s Honors College.
Robert Brennan, class of 1983, and his wife, Carolyn Brennan, class of 1982, pledged the amount over the next five years.
The Burlington Free Press reported that the Brennans are repeat donors to the Honors College; half of the $1 million will add to the Brennan Family Scholarship Fund, established in 2006.
The other half of the donation will establish the Brennan Summer Research Fellowship, to provide grants of up to $5,000 annually for Honors College students to pursue undergraduate research.
Robert Brennan is senior managing director of Guggenheim Partners and heads the Commercial Real Estate Finance Group for the New York City-based firm.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Nelson Mandela on the primacy of teaching love over hate.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.