My name was not included on Patricia Mandeville’s letter of Oct. 2 regarding our concerns about recent board decisions at the Chaffee Art Center. Therefore, I am writing to add my name to the disappointing steps that have been taken.
To me, over the past few years, the Chaffee has grown and expanded its presence in our community with creative and innovative programs for adults and children, always with continuing art exhibits. Much local talent has been launched, created and inspired at the Chaffee.
I am a member and have volunteered and participated in programs, always welcomed and appreciated by Mary and Jessica. The fundraising efforts I have seen have been done by Mary. Extensive publicity has been evident in and by the Rutland Herald as well as through mailings, and emails.
I thank Mary Mitiguy, executive director, and Jessica Kaminski, gallery coordinator, for their fine work for our local art center, the Chaffee. They will be remembered.
RutlandMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.