Power outage expected todayOctober 09,2012Power outage expected today
QUECHEE — Four hundred-fifty Green Mountain Power customers will be without power this morning so that crews can safely reroute power lines around Quechee Covered Bridge construction work.
The planned outage will affect customers in the immediate area on both sides of the bridge, particularly along Main Street, Old Quechee Road, Dewey’s Mill Road, the Tall Timbers development and Quechee Village.
The outage will begin at 1 a.m. and is expected to conclude around 6 a.m. In the event of inclement weather, an alternate outage date has been set from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Wednesday. For more information call Green Mountain Power’s Jeremy Baker at 747-5860.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.