Power outage expected todayOctober 09,2012Power outage expected today
QUECHEE — Four hundred-fifty Green Mountain Power customers will be without power this morning so that crews can safely reroute power lines around Quechee Covered Bridge construction work.
The planned outage will affect customers in the immediate area on both sides of the bridge, particularly along Main Street, Old Quechee Road, Dewey’s Mill Road, the Tall Timbers development and Quechee Village.
The outage will begin at 1 a.m. and is expected to conclude around 6 a.m. In the event of inclement weather, an alternate outage date has been set from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Wednesday. For more information call Green Mountain Power’s Jeremy Baker at 747-5860.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.