Power outage expected todayOctober 09,2012Power outage expected today
QUECHEE — Four hundred-fifty Green Mountain Power customers will be without power this morning so that crews can safely reroute power lines around Quechee Covered Bridge construction work.
The planned outage will affect customers in the immediate area on both sides of the bridge, particularly along Main Street, Old Quechee Road, Dewey’s Mill Road, the Tall Timbers development and Quechee Village.
The outage will begin at 1 a.m. and is expected to conclude around 6 a.m. In the event of inclement weather, an alternate outage date has been set from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Wednesday. For more information call Green Mountain Power’s Jeremy Baker at 747-5860.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.