Lillian A. SheldonOctober 10,2012Lillian A. Sheldon
SHELBURNE — Lillian Aronson Sheldon died at the age of 92 on Oct. 4, 2012, at Wake Robin Retirement Community, Shelburne, Vt. Born in Proctor, Vt., to Melcher and Elsa Aronson, she graduated Phi Beta Kappa from UVM in 1942 and married Donald Sheldon, raising their family in West Springfield, Mass.
She leaves her brother, Robert Aronson, Rutland; sister, Carolyn Pinkard, Fla.; children, Nancy Stone (Ken), Williston, Vt., Jim Sheldon (Linda), N.C., and Jean Marble (David), N.C.; seven grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. She will be buried in the Proctor, Vt., cemetery.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.