Two charged in deer poachingOctober 10,2012Two charged in deer poaching
ROYALTON — Two men were charged for deer poaching in Royalton recently.
Mikel Brady of Randolph and Joshua Hill of Bethel, both 23, shot at a decoy deer on Oct. 5, police said Tuesday. They face charges of taking deer in closed season, taking deer by illegal means and possession of a loaded rifle in a motor vehicle.
According to police, the gun was shot and discarded in the woods before Brady and Hill drove away. Vermont Fish and Wildlife officials tracked down Brady, Hill and a 15-year-old juvenile and searched the truck. No gun was found but Vermont Fish and Wildlife officials said that Brady called his brother to retrieve the firearm. The gun was located nearby along a road a short time later.
Brady and Hill face fines up to $1,000 per charge, 60 days in jail and a three-year suspension of licenses to hunt, fish and trap in Vermont.
To report poaching call 800-752-5378 or visit www.vtfishandwildlife.com.MORE IN This Just InSaturday's women's basketball game between College of St. Full StoryA business development study recommends replacing "shop locally" with "you can find it here." Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.