Ian Y. CurrieOctober 11,2012
Ian Y. CurrieIan Y. Currie
CHESTER — Ian Young Currie, age 19, died unexpectedly at home on the morning of October 9, 2012, one day before his 20th birthday.
Ian was a kind, loving, joyful soul who sometimes did not seem of this earth. At times, his guitar playing was certainly other-worldly. We hope he finds the peace that often eluded him in this life and the ability to bring music to wherever he is.
He was born to Stuart Alexander and Wendy Oldenburg Currie on October 10, 1992, in Springfield, Vt. He is survived by his parents, his sister, Bevin Lore, and many, many relatives on both sides who will miss him greatly, along with his numerous friends.
A memorial service will be held at The Congregational Church on Main Street in Springfield, Vt., on Sunday, October 14, at 3:00 p.m.
Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield is assisting the family with arrangements.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.