Ian Y. CurrieOctober 11,2012
Ian Y. CurrieIan Y. Currie
CHESTER — Ian Young Currie, age 19, died unexpectedly at home on the morning of October 9, 2012, one day before his 20th birthday.
Ian was a kind, loving, joyful soul who sometimes did not seem of this earth. At times, his guitar playing was certainly other-worldly. We hope he finds the peace that often eluded him in this life and the ability to bring music to wherever he is.
He was born to Stuart Alexander and Wendy Oldenburg Currie on October 10, 1992, in Springfield, Vt. He is survived by his parents, his sister, Bevin Lore, and many, many relatives on both sides who will miss him greatly, along with his numerous friends.
A memorial service will be held at The Congregational Church on Main Street in Springfield, Vt., on Sunday, October 14, at 3:00 p.m.
Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield is assisting the family with arrangements.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?